Saturday, March 2, 2013

For My Next Performance...

Happy Saturday. It's been a busy week for me, so it's nice to relax for a change. Yesterday I headed out to the Berkshires super early(!!!) to do a segment about Norman Rockwell Museum for the radio show, Good Morning Pittsfield. The appearance gave me the chance to talk about the Museum's upcoming exhibitions and programs, and host James Campagna had some good questions about Norman Rockwell's ongoing relevance and inspiration. You can watch a video of the broadcast here.


"To us all... the family!" Photo of the cast from Schenectady Civic Players "Woman in Mind."
Left to right: Allyson Kelly, John Nickles, Amy Lane, Jeremy Clowe. Photo by Tom Killips.
Courtesy Schenectady Civic Players. All rights reserved.
Outside of the Museum, my main focus has been rehearsing and learning my lines for my upcoming show at Schenectady Civic Players. Woman in Mind is a dark comedy that tells the story of Susan, an unfulfilled British housewife who suffers from hallucinations after stepping on a garden rake. After her injury, Susan's real and imaginary life start to blur, and we are introduced to both her "real" and "imaginary" family. I play the character Andy, Susan's "ideal" husband (typecasting, I know!). 

Written by English playwright Alan Ayckbourn, there is a lot to enjoy in this play. Ayckbourn's clever British wit and intriguing story lay the groundwork for quite an effective bit of theater. I must also give props to my fellow actors and director Tom Heckert, who are really bringing this show together. We had another rehearsal last night, and I feel very strong about how our performances are taking shape!

For me it is just a delight to be onstage again, and Schenectady Civic Players does a top-notch job (doesn't hurt that I can basically walk just down the street to the theater!). Woman in Mind opens March 15, and runs through the following week. You can purchase advance tickets on the theater's website. To give you an idea of the show, here are some fun promotional photos that we took the other week. Ok, back to rehearsing... need to get that smooth British gentlemanship down pat (Downton Abbey, take note)! 

Related Links:

Schenectady Civic Players website

Woman in Mind promotional photos, Schenectady Civic Players Facebook page

Good Morning Pittsfield, March 1, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment