Saturday, June 13, 2015

Infinity (and Beyond)

Infinite possibilities: I have fond memories of Hartford and my alma mater,
including the creativity that came out of the Hartford Art School...
I still love visiting and seeing the students' work. Photo by JC, 2015.
Earlier this week I wrote about my recent interview with WNPR for their program, Where We Live. The Hartford-based NPR station is part of the Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network, located just down from where I used to live.

In addition to their quality radio programming, CPBN appears to produce some fine TV shows as well. The one I am most intrigued by is Infinity Hall Livea nationally-syndicated program, filmed at the historic Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk, Connecticut. Think "Austin City Limits: the East Coast version"... from what I have seen, the show is an entertaining mix of performances and interviews with national music acts. The show seems similar, in concept, to what I have attempted to do with my own Berkshire Soundstage program over the years; the added bonus is that it is filmed in an intimate, beautiful setting.

Alt-rock heroine, Tori Amos comes to life from the stage of 
Infinity Music Hall. Courtesy: Infinity Hall Live.
Infinity Hall Live begins their fourth season this weekend with America, the uh, American rock band. A little before my time, but I recognize the songs: "Ventura Highway," "Sister Golden Hair," "You Can Do Magic"... anyone with access to a radio during the late 70s knows these songs as well as they can recall "A Horse With No Name."

Other acts scheduled for season 4 include Toad the Wet Sprocket; Tedeschi Trucks Band; Jackie Greene; and Sadie and the Hotheads, fronted by Downton Abbey's Elizabeth McGovern (my wife will be thrilled!). As they say, check your local listings, or you can catch the premiere on the show's website.

A couple months ago I met up with some of the staff at CPBN, to discuss the possibility of future collaborations. To give them an idea of what I can do, I created a short promotional video using footage from their show. It features some clips from Tori Amos and Robert Cray, who will be featured this season, as well as Wilson Phillips (my favorite was Wendy Wilson...swoon). I had good fun putting this together... hopefully they won't mind me sharing



 Always a supporter of live music, I wish IHL luck with their new season. I am also excited about the start of summer, and hopefully the chance to see some more live shows myself (Psychedelic Furs, anyone?). Inside... outside... it's all good.

Related Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment