Thursday, October 3, 2013

Writing To Reach You

This past summer I wrote about the return of the Scottish band Travis, who have just released their seventh studio album, Where You Stand. It has been one of my favorite albums of the year so far, lead by such standout tracks as "Moving," "Warning Sign," and the title track... offering continued proof of the band's knack for creating thoughtful lyrics and engaging melodies.

Travis is currently touring the U.S., swinging through my old stomping grounds of Southern California this weekend. They kick things off tomorrow (Friday, October 4, 10:30 a.m. PT) with an interview and live studio session with the great Nic Harcourt ("Morning Becomes Eclectic") on KCSN 88.5 FM.

Speaking of interviews, I thought it was high time I revisited my own profile on the band, conducted during their 2007 American tour; check out the link below for the original half-hour interview, mostly un-edited. Taking a cue from Q, Jian Ghomeshi's CBC radio show, I decided to leave out the fancy post-production in order to offer a better idea of my developing interview skills and the individual personalities of my guests... why be precious about it? Again, special thanks to Sony BMG, CTSB-TV, and the band for helping to make it happen. 




Related Links:

www.travisonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment