Thursday, February 19, 2015

Celebrating The Art of Filmmaking

The Oscars are on the horizon! Just when I began to lose faith in the overall quality of feature films, the nominees are actually pretty interesting this year. My money is on Birdman, one of the best movies I have seen...ever. Also good: Boyhood and Grand Budapest Hotel... I still need to see many of the others, which I have heard good things about.

If you can't wait until Sunday to celebrate an evening of film, join me tonight at The Albany Institute of History & Art where I will be showing and talking about some of my own work, as part of a screening of motion pictures created by Capital Region filmmakers. The event starts at 6 p.m., and is free to the public (along with general admission).

The Albany Institute is a great museum (of course I'm a little biased, since my wife works there). They just opened an interesting baseball exhibition, and over the weekend held a LEGO building competition (I served as one of the judges, which was fun). AIHA's permanent collection includes everything from Hudson River School paintings to contemporary works to local artifacts (even the old bottling company owned by Sarah's family is represented!). Also, I absolutely love their sculpture gallery—Erastus Dow Palmer (1817-1904) is long overdue for a documentary of his own.


No comments:

Post a Comment