Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Development

The last couple weeks have found me focusing on a handful of video editing projects, which has been a nice change of pace. I think my colleague put it best when he recently remarked that, "when it rains it pours, huh?..."

Below are two videos I produced for the development department at work. The first one utilizes some of the footage and music I used for my recent WMHT-TV segment, as well as the aerial footage I shot on the Museum's campus a couple years ago (yes, I can mark that bucket off the list):


The second video was created to promote the fellowship program through our Rockwell Center for American Visual Studies. I think I might try and add some music, and further massage the audio when I can find the time:


Both videos were created using Adobe Premiere Pro CC. The editing program takes a little getting used to (counterintuitive, in some ways, after using Final Cut Pro all these years), but there are some useful tools found within; it certainly complements the rest of the company's Creative Suite.

"The Schenectady Gazette" April 2, 2015. Courtesy of Jeff Wilkin and
"The Schenectady Gazette."
I am particularly pleased with how the :30 second promo came together. It is one of a few music-based edits I have worked on recently, and I find myself really hitting my stride when it comes to such projects.

Apart from creating these videos and some photography at the Museum, I have been promoting our current and upcoming programs and exhibitions. We currently have an exhibition on the art of illustrator J.C. Leyendecker (a hero to Norman Rockwell), which features all 323 covers he created for The Saturday Evening Post. It is a remarkably strong display, and a few weeks back I was pleased to be contacted by my local newspaper for an interview about the exhibition (yeah, it never gets old seeing your name in boldface).

Related Link (Professional):


Inspiration (Personal):


No comments:

Post a Comment