Thursday, February 14, 2013

Heart + Soul

Well-suited! Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
Happy Valentines Day, dear readers (aka Mom)!

I'm getting ready to meet my girl out for a holiday dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I have been so busy lately preparing for my upcoming show with Schenectady Civic Players (we just did promotional photos last night), that I haven't seen much of Sarah... it will be nice to spend some quality time this evening.

It sounds like my wife has had a pretty interesting afternoon, teaching a Heart Science Homeschool lab at the science museum where she teaches. I just saw a photo on the museum's Facebook page of her holding a real-life heart (huh... this time it's not mine! It's a cow's heart, I believe). Pretty wild. My day has been somewhat less exciting, although one of our volunteers (of Norwegian descent) brought in a delicious Norsk dessert that she had left over from Christmastime (krumkake). Next tasty Norwegian treat will be a rebroadcast of my Chrysalis Dreams: 30 Years of A-ha radio show next Monday, February 18, 6 p.m. EST on WEXT-FM.

Meanwhile, at my museum I'm gearing up for another week of donning my Spidey suit, in time for school vacation and the final week of Heroes & Villains: The Comic Book Art of Alex Ross.  Yesterday I was interviewed at length by a graduate student about the exhibition for a review that will run in the International Journal of Comic Art— who knew I would become such a sought-after scholar on the topic of comic books? See Mom... all those years pouring over old Spider-Man books really did pay off!

♥ ♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment