Sunday, February 3, 2013

Kick Off!

So how has 2013 been treating you so far? I've been doing alright. 

Image courtesy Schenectady Civic Players.
I have been busy preparing for my role in the play, Woman in Mind, which will be presented at The Schenectady Civic Players next month (March 15-17, 20-24). Man, that doesn't seem like a lot of time, but we are already busy with rehearsals and I'm trying to memorize my lines. I actually have to speak in a British accent, so my wife's obsession with Downton Abbey has come in handy.

On the topic of performing, I am also scheduled to join The Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe this upcoming Thursday, February 7, for an event at the Italian Itam Lodge in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The show is a benefit for the Berkshire affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), and will include dinner, a raffle, Chinese auction and cash bar. Join us for a night of laughs, and help support a good cause! For more details, visit NAMI Berkshire County's website

Spidey love. Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
Things continue to be busy for me at Norman Rockwell Museum. We're in the home stretch for the Heroes & Villains: The Comic Book Art of Alex Ross exhibition, but that hasn't stopped the interest from press (wish we could continue this show for a few more months!). A couple weeks ago I conducted an interview about the exhibit with the Springfield, Massachusetts PBS station WGBY, for their show Connecting Point. I enjoyed giving a tour of the show and background on Alex Ross' work− the segment is scheduled to air this Wednesday, February 6, and should be available on the station's website soon after. I see that Marvel Comics has also given the show a plug on their site, which includes a photo of yours truly dressed up in my Spidey suit! I am supposed to be reprising my role as the webslinger during our upcoming February school vacation week, February 18-22... I'm look forward to it, but hope the weather holds up (it can be a bit drafty in my Spidey threads!).

In addition to being Super Bowl Sunday, they just aired a nice segment on CBS Sunday Morning in celebration of Norman Rockwell's 119th birthday. Last week I spent time helping one of their producers gather video and still materials for the piece... it's ironic that I spend so much of my time at the Museum helping out other crews, but I certainly have enough insight into what they need to help secure some nice promotion for us. On that note, TV Tokyo is supposed to be airing their show Bi no Kyojin Tachi (Great Masters of Art) this Friday, February 8, which includes an interview they conducted with me last year about Norman Rockwell's work. 

Phew... so that's the latest. Still getting great feedback about my recent show for WEXT, and will let you know when there is a rebroadcast. Hello February...

No comments:

Post a Comment