Sunday, February 17, 2013

Putting My Spin on It

...with a little help from the web, that is. 

www.nrm.org/alexross
A reminder that I'll be donning my Spider-Man threads again in the upcoming days for the final week of the exhibition, Heroes & Villains: The Comic Book Art of Alex Ross at Norman Rockwell Museum. The Museum will be extending its hours (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for school vacation week, and you have the chance to meet a different superhero in-person every day from 1 to 3 p.m. So far, I'm on tap for Monday, February 18, and Thursday, February 21, but I might not be able to help myself from jumping in on other days to join my fellow caped crusaders... hell, it gets me out of the office! Anyway, I'm looking forward to more "hero worship"− the delight in kids' eyes makes it all worthwhile.

http://exit977.org
Speaking of delight, I'm also quite excited about the re-airing of my Chrysalis Dreams: 30 Years of A-ha radio special tomorrow night, February 18, starting at 6 p.m. EST on WEXT. It's been a long time coming to be able to hear more A-ha on North American radio, and apparently I wasn't the only one patiently waiting... here's hoping that all the national and international listeners don't overwhelm the online stream this time (just in case, I recommend that you download the station's iTunes app... or tune in a little earlier to reserve your space!). Of course listeners in the Albany, New York area will be able to tune in live on their radios... and I have to say, there is still nothing sweeter.

For more details on my endeavors this week, please visit the respective websites. Ok, off to the gym so I"ll be able to fit into my webslinger costume tomorrow... oof!

websites:


No comments:

Post a Comment