Friday, June 28, 2013

Snap Shots

Queen on her throne. Photos by Jeremy Clowe.
©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
Summer has arrived... but who would have thought we'd have such humidity already? Luckily there are still traces of the sweet air of spring, both in the fragrance and beauty of blossoming trees and plants.

Before I bid adieu to my favorite season, I thought I would post some fun shots I took a couple weeks ago at Norman Rockwell Museum. A member of our maintenance crew alerted me to the arrival of an interesting visitor, who stopped by just to give birth. Yes, you read that correctly.

A huge snapping turtle had wandered on to our grounds and settled atop a pile of stones our crew had lying around, adjacent to the parking lot. Not wanting to get too close, I still couldn't resist taking some snaps of my own with the Canon 60D (National Geographic, eat your heart out!).






I found the baby momma still there seven hours later (guess these things take time). The next day, however, she was gone... hopefully making her way to the nearby Housatonic River to cool off. Glad I caught her while I did, and still waiting to find any offspring wandering around campus... careful where you step.


No comments:

Post a Comment