Friday, June 21, 2013

Berkshire Soul

RBIT at the Spectrum.
Courtesy Spectrum Playhouse. All rights reserved.
Happy summer solstice! It's a beautiful, sunny day here in the Berkshires, and I thought I would take some time out to share another update.

There's a lot happening here in the Berkshires this weekend— most notably, Wilco's Solid Sound Festival at MASS MoCA. I had the good fortune of attending and covering the event a couple years ago, and it was a blast—great fusion of music, art, good vibes... I won't be attending this year, but I'll try and post some more of my experiences working on the 2011 festival in the coming weeks.

I will, however, be performing again tonight with the Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe. It is our last gig of the season and honestly, I think we could use the break... get refocused and audition for some new members (contact me or the group if interested). If you're in the area, tonight's show is 7:30 p.m. at the Spectrum Playhouse in Lee, Massachusetts (can't thank these guys enough for their hospitality over the last couple years). 

Also worth checking out in the Berkshires, of course, is Norman Rockwell Museum. Our exhibition, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: The Creation of a Classic is a real treat, as is seeing our permanent collection of Norman Rockwell artwork. Below is an interview I gave a couple weeks ago to WGGB, the ABC station in Springfield, Massachusetts, to help promote the Museum. Turned out pretty good, even though the audio sync appears off and you see me swatting some flies at the beginning of the piece (the fact that I was being interviewed by a former Miss Connecticut made it slightly more bearable). Fast forward to about 12:27 to view the segment:



Speaking of interviews, if you're in Boston this Saturday, you can hear me on WBZ Radio's  New England Weekend, talking up the Snow White exhibit. The segment should air around 7 a.m.

Well, that's about it... just got back from lunch at Baba Louie's Pizza in Great Barrington (another Berkshire favorite), so before I fall into a food coma I better get back to work. Happy Summer, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment