Saturday, July 27, 2013

High Fidelity

Back in Rochester for my birthday weekend. I had a great time yesterday catching up with friends and family... even a lobster dinner and bonfire in the mix! Year is off to a good start.

Today I enjoyed an early morning jog around town, and was home in time to listen to the rebroadcast of our My Exit show over breakfast. Thanks for the nice comments for those who listened in. Here is what we played for our anniversary playlist:


Dancing on air... photo by John Whipple for Jeremy and
Sarah Clowe. All rights reserved.
-"Strange Effect" live- Diego Garcia, "iTunes Live from Soho" EP
-"Under My Thumb"- The Rolling Stones- "Forty Licks" 
-"Lips Like Sugar"- Echo & The Bunnymen- "Ballyhoo: The Best of Echo & The Bunnymen"
-"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"- The Smiths, "The Queen Is Dead"
-"You Can't Hurry Love"- Stray Cats, "Runaway Boys: A Retrospective '81-'92"
-"Cry To Me"- Solomon Burke, "Ultimate Dirty Dancing"
-"Get Up Offa That Thing"- James Brown, "20 All Time Greatest Hits!"
-"Say Hey (I Love You)"- Michael Franti and Spearhead, "All Rebel Rockers"
-"Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key"- Billy Bragg & Wilco, "Mermaid Avenue"
-"In My Life"- The Beatles, "Rubber Soul"
-"Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"- Coldplay, "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" single
-"Analogue" (live)- A-ha, "Ending On a High Note"
-"Scarlet Begonias"- Grateful Dead, "From the Mars Hotel"
-"I Found You"- Alabama Shakes, "Boys & Girls"

I would love to do more radio... I miss the days when I had a regular show here in Rochester on WBER-- I have been listening to the station since I have been home, and recognize a few of the DJs. 

If you're in the Capital Region this weekend and up at the crack of dawn, you can catch me on Radio Disney Albany's "Backyard Show" this Sunday, July 28, at 6 a.m. I am the featured guest, talking about the Snow White exhibition and other happenings at Norman Rockwell Museum. You might be able to stream it online as well.

I have also heard that a recorded interview I gave to WGBH radio has been making the rounds during NPR stations' broadcasting of Tanglewood concerts. Again, talking about the Museum and our summer lineup.

Who knows... maybe my radio days are just getting started again...

Related Link:

"My Exit: Jeremy and Sarah Clowe," All Over Albany, July 22, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment