Friday, October 12, 2012

Fact Check

All these news reports about the Presidential Campaign are killing me. Yeah, Obama was off his game last week during the debates, and Romney moved to the center... suddenly everything is getting tense... at least for a compassionate liberal like me. I'm finding it hard to keep myself from checking the news over and over again throughout the day. 

I posted this Norman Rockwell painting on the Museum's Facebook page today--it seemed appropriate after last night's spirited Vice Presidential debate (more on that later).

 "Breakfast Table Political Argument," 1948, Norman Rockwell.
 From the Norman Rockwell Museum exhibition
"Norman Rockwell's 323 'Saturday Evening Post' Covers."
Norman Rockwell Museum Digital Collections.
©SEPS: Curtis Publishing, Indianapolis, IN.
Speaking of Norman Rockwell, I had three separate press inquiries this week for our traveling exhibition Norman Rockwell: Behind the Camera. Kind of odd, because they didn't mention that it was the exhibition they had discovered, but rather that they stumbled on the idea that Rockwell had used reference photography (someone putting me on?). Since we don't own the copyrights, I had to come up with something relatable to our Museum, since we can only provide images related to stories about our exhibitions and collections. Luckily, the exhibit is opening this weekend in Vero Beach, Florida. 

Anyway, I was also interviewed for the piece in the New York Daily News yesterday. Here's the link.

It has been a long, tiring week... fretting about politics didn't help any. 
Still getting over the allergies, and preparing to move this weekend... hello Electric City.


Related Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment