Monday, October 29, 2012

I, of The Storm

Alex Ross, Marvels #4 cover, 1994,
courtesy of the artist, SPIDER-MAN
™ & © 2012 Marvel and Subs. From
"Heroes & Villains: The Comic Book
Art of Alex Ross."
Damn you, Sandy... decided to play it safe and work from home today. Wasn't too bad here actually... started getting a little wet and windy later on, but it was still worth staying put (think it was a little scarier over in Mass.). I finally wrapped up my transcribing, which was a heroic effort in itself... this will make things much easier, but I'm racing against the clock now (exhibition opens next week!). 

Speaking of the show, I gave a lengthy telephone interview this morning with a local journalist. You can't say I was at a loss for words... I hope she could keep up with me. Actually, I have gotten to be a pretty good interviewer myself... if I do say so. Listening back to my interview with Ross, I felt confident that I covered all the questions I would have wanted to ask (guess that's why it took so long to transcribe!). A portion of that interview is being reproduced in the Museum's new member newsletter... I just wish I had more time to devote to all of this properly.

Ok, so far my 2012 hurricane prep list has included gathering canned foods, batteries, extra containers of water, and a form-fitting cloth Spider-Man costume (with web-shooters). Yeah, before things got too out of hand with this "Frankenstorm," I decided to drive down the street to the local costume shop and find suitable threads for the exhibition opening and future programs... and yes, I'll also have it in time for Halloween. Gonna try and hit the gym hard over the next week though... because "with great power, comes great responsibility..."

No comments:

Post a Comment