Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spider-Sense

I spent the day today looking at my Alex Ross interview, transcribing some of the material to use for an upcoming article. Transcription isn't challenging, just time consuming... but it was interesting to revisit some of the discussion I had with the comic book artist about his work. 

One thing that stuck out again was his early love for Spider-Man, based on the comics and his appearances on the old children's TV show, The Electric Company. Ross described being amazed by this man running around in this colorful costume, fighting bad guys... and I would have to say I agree. Being the same age, I think that's where my love of comic books started as well. It was a magical sort of journey into fantastic lands... pitting right against wrong, and some really interesting characters... It certainly sparked my imagination. Anyway, I haven't seen those old Electric Company episodes in ages, but they are now available on DVD, and... yes, YouTube: 


What a groovy theme song, and yes... that's actor Morgan Freeman doing the narration... ha ha, love it! Transcription of this video sure would be easier, and I wonder who the actor playing the Spoiler was...

Speaking of "The Spoiler," the diabolical Mitt Romney was indeed stopped in his tracks during last night's debates by President Barack Obama. I'll share more of my thoughts when I have time, but who do you think Spidey would support for the next four years?... Mmm hmm... where are you coming from... Governor... nobody knows who YOU are!


Cover for The Amazing Spider-Man #583, 2009,
©Marvel Comics (image from Comic Book Resources).

No comments:

Post a Comment