Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Handle With Care

Well, tonight is game two... I mean, round two in the Presidential Debates. I'll definitely be tuning in... been holding my breath since the last one. Tonight's format is a town-hall meeting, so I think it might offer the viewing public the best, most truthful presentation of the candidates and their platforms (although truth seems to be a relative term... eh Mittens?).

The reason that I voted for President Barack Obama back in 2008 was that he genuinely seemed to care about the American people. I even helped out his election campaign, because I felt so strongly that this country needed to change it's course, both nationally and internationally. I don't regret my decision and yes, I AM better off than I was four years ago.... I think the country is too, despite the fact that the economy still needs to be fully straightened out, and more jobs created. I still believe that a continued Obama administration is a look "forward" not backward.

Also starting tonight, my Spoken Word Almanac Project collaborator Darian Dauchan will be presenting his "Obamatry" performance for a limited engagement at New York City's Under St. Marks Theater. According to a press release, "this multi-media one-man feat consists of live looped songs, beat boxing and a collage of satirical poems and presidential sound bites chronicling candidacy to presidency, to present day. A virtual rhetorical conversation on the subject of America between a Poet and our President." The piece will utilize several of my visuals that I have created for Dauchan's Spoken Word Almanac Project poems over the last couple years. The show will be presented every Tuesday night at 7 p.m. from now until election day, November 6... hope it goes well, and hopefully, there will be a chance for a Part II in four years time.

www.debates.org

No comments:

Post a Comment