Thursday, September 13, 2012

Heroes Welcome

FINALLY got the press release out for the Alex Ross exhibit. As I expected, we got an instant response... all good. 

Alex Ross, “Justice Vol. 1″ paperback cover, 2006,
courtesy of the artist, ™ & © DC Comics. Used with permission.
Heroes & Villains: The Comic Book Art of Alex Ross will open at Norman Rockwell Museum on November 10, and will present a comprehensive look at the career of the artist who has been called “the Norman Rockwell of the comics world." 

"Norman Rockwell has been one of the greatest influences on my art, and it is an enormous honor to be featured in the museum dedicated to his work,” notes Alex Ross.  "I have always looked upon Rockwell’s style as the peak of what one could hope to achieve artistically. The artist’s realistic execution and eye for composition are things I aspire to, knowing that he performed a quality of work that isn’t easily achieved. It is a major career achievement for me to have my work in company with his."

Ross' work is awesome. Take a look at alexrossart.com if you're not familiar. He brings a whole new level of wonder to the fun medium that is comic books.

So, here goes planning for what could be a fun couple of months... getting my Spidey suit ready.

Related Link:

"NRM Gets Super Heroic With Exhibition of Acclaimed Comic Book Artist," September 13, 2012 (press release I created for Norman Rockwell Museum)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment