Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weekend Update

Our improv show went well on Friday night. The rehearsal earlier in the week helped, and we had a full house (which always helps). It was Lee's Founders Day Weekend, so there was a lot happening in the town... in fact, my in-laws came out to see the show, and were impressed by the energy of the town... kind of funny, since it seemed so dead when I lived there. Regarding the show, some of my fellow improv mates seem newly inspired, which is great--it made me all the more motivated to give a great performance. Of course, with improv you can get anything, so there's no way to predict how a show will go... but this one was good- I think we're getting better at telling stories and listening to each other.

Photo ©Jeremy Clowe for Norman Rockwell
Museum. All rights reserved.
This afternoon Sarah and I trekked back out to the Berkshires to help out at the Girl Scouts Festival being held at Norman Rockwell Museum in honor of the 100 year anniversary of the Girl Scouts of the United States of America. I basically took photos all day to document the event, which was fun and challenging at the same time. I have felt a little inspired by our wedding photographer's work, and trying to take a few cues from things I observed him doing with his photography. There was watercolor painting on the outdoor campus (leaves are starting to change), horse grooming and tricks (a live horse jumping hurdles), and an actress who portrayed Girl Scouts founder Juliette Gordon Low. Sarah was a long-time girl scout, so I was happy to have her join me, and interested in learning more about her times with the service organization. 

Tonight we packed... getting ready to move, and we still have a ways to go. Tomorrow I finally have a true day off... looking forward to it after a long, exhausting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment