Monday, September 17, 2012

The Love

Arrgh... here's another one. I was so tempted to check out Florence + The Machine's concert in Saratoga last night... she's got a great sound, and appears to be a great performer.... oh well. I would have gone, but it is Rosh Hashanah, so Sarah couldn't go... at sundown it was time for her services. After considering, I decided that I didn't fancy sitting on the lawn by myself, and thought the $70 tickets were a little too steep for an artist I'm still getting to know (had some car repairs to take care of as well). So, I decided to join Sarah and her family for dinner and services (hopefully I'll have another chance to see the Machine).

The food at the holiday dinner was good and plentiful (with apples and honey... straight from Sarah's father's beehive!), the company great, and the service rather long, but interesting... I'm still getting used to the Jewish traditions, but I enjoyed the music... and one reading, in particular, that talked about life's journey, written by someone named Josh Liebman--it was quite poetic, using some beautiful metaphors-- I'll have to find that, and repost. 

I can't believe it was last year at this time that Sarah and I took off for Canada, and I popped the question... it's been a wonderful year, and appropriate time to now say: "L'Shana Tovah!"... may the love continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment