Saturday, March 24, 2012

Scaling New Heights

One of my favorite singers, former A-ha frontman Morten Harket released a video today to his newest single, Scared of Heights:




I never thought my love of A-ha and Spider-Man could be combined, but this video comes as close as I'm likely to get... :) The song is from Out of My HandsMorten's first solo album post-A-ha (the band disbanded in 2010 after a successful 25+ year career). The album will feature several new artistic collaborations, with such acts as The Pet Shop Boys, Kent, and fellow Norwegian Espen Lind, who wrote and originally recorded the first single. Funny enough, I remember "meeting" Lind back in 1998 when I attended the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway... my friend thought that he looked like a parrot, sporting a spiky blue hairdo! Apparently he has gone on to have his own success around the world, including songwriting credits on such hits as Train's "Hey Soul Sister" and Beyonce's "Irreplaceable." There have been a slew of internationally successful Norwegian bands in recent years, but A-ha was most definitely the first. 


I'm not sure Morten's new song will take him to A-ha "heights," but it's nice to see him and the other members of my favorite band continue with new artistic projects. 2012 is actually the 30th anniversary of the forming of A-ha, and there is a big anniversary party being planned by and for fans in Oslo, Norway, on September 14. Morten Harket will be performing a couple concerts around these events (in addition to the date being the anniversary of A-ha, it is also the singer's 53rd birthday). 


I have said it before, but now is really a perfect time for me to finish my documentary on A-ha. Here's a clip of an interview I did with singer Morten Harket back in 2005, talking about his initial reaction after the band made it to #1 with "Take On Me":





Related links:


http://mortenharket.com


A-ha's 30th anniversary party information-- www.a-ha.com

No comments:

Post a Comment