Sunday, March 18, 2012

Whose Line Is It, Anyway?

You never can predict "success" with improv, but I find that the music-based numbers usually go my way. Here are a few moments from last Friday's Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe performance at the Spectrum Playhouse in Lee, MA...


The first segment is from a game where we sing the blues to a topic chosen by the audience. They picked the Tea Party.


The second is a game called "Rapping Psychiatrist" (with the talented Seth Brown), where the audience decided I had a phobia against popsicles.


The final game here is called "Musical Nightmare." I'm not sure why it is called that, except for the challenge of needing to break out into song in the middle of a scene... this time they decided we were boxers (Seth interpreted it as someone setting out boxes, and I was thinking along the lines of Muhammad Ali). It all came together in the end... I guess.




Next RBIT show is scheduled for Friday, April 20... but I find that everyday life is a bit like improv, isn't it? Best to keep singing...

http://www.berkshireimprov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment