Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday I'm In Love

It's Friday the 13th! For the third time this year(!) we have to endure this day of supposed bad luck... those who are superstitious about the day suffer from "friggatriskaidekaphobia"--wow. I have  a fear of spelling that one. So let me look back on the year so far... has 2012 been unlucky?


The first Friday the 13th took place last January. It actually was a great day... I had the day off from work, and spent it with my girl in New York City, where we made some important contacts, including meeting the rabbi for our wedding for the first time. We also caught a real-life Irish pub sing, toured a couple of the local museums (for free!), and met up with one of Sarah's college friends for a independent filmmaker get-together in the evening. 


The second date took place in April--it looks I had that day off from work as well, and again got to spend it with Sarah. I was bummed about not making it to Pulp's reunion show in New York City, but spent a very satisfying evening catching their set from Coachella, along with many other favorite Brit bands... from the comfort of my couch! Saved some dough there.


And finally... yes, today I have off again! This time to prepare for my wedding--in just two days! Sarah is right here with me, and although a little stressful checking on all the last-minute details, we have our rehearsal later today (with family and friends) and the sun is shining.


Take that superstitions (he says while crossing his fingers)!


Fear Of Friday The 13th: Inside America's Most Common Superstition, International Business Times, July 13, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment