Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting To Know You

Left to right: CTSB host Olga May Millgan, cameraman Leo Mahoney,
and the J. Clowe Experience at Norman Rockwell Museum.
Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
This morning found me back in front of the camera, doing an interview with TV host Olga May Milligan for her CTSB-TV program, Getting To Know You. Conducted at Norman Rockwell Museum, I filled her in our latest programs and exhibitions, including Howard Pyle: American Master Rediscovered and Norman Rockwell: Sports! For the latter exhibition, we have Rockwell's old bicycle on display, and Milligan actually remembers seeing the famed artist ride it around town back in the day, as a break from working long hours in his studio. Olga is a sweet lady of British origin (she even brought me a wedding card!), and she was joined by my buddy Leo Mahoney, who is the station manager at CTSB, where I work and volunteer part-time. The show should be airing in the next few weeks and might even be available online--details to come.


I certainly feel comfortable in front of the camera... and on stage. Last night while I was running the treadmill at my gym, I happened to catch the new ABC-TV show Trust Us With Your Life, which reunites many of the old improv players from Whose Line Is It Anyway? On this new show, hosted by actor Fred Willard, comedians Wayne Brady, Colin Mochrie, and Jonathan Mangum act out scenes in the life of guest celebrities. Last night's premiere featured tennis star Serena Williams, and there were some hilarious moments recreating a time when she broke a piggybank as a child--I saw many similarities to the games I perform with the Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe, but the "this is your life" element was a fun twist. The show looks very promising... I found myself grinning on a number of occasions while watching--Brady and Mochrie, in particular, are hysterical-- very quick and smart--there was one great scene where they lie on the floor, and the camera made it look like they were playing tennis... funny, clever stuff. jack and Kelly Osbourne (Ozzy's kids) were the celebrities featured in the second half-hour.


Watching this show makes me anxious to get back to performing with RBIT again... during our last show, one of the young kids who helps us out with tech learned about my wedding and honeymoon... he became very concerned, wondering what I was going to do because I have a show next Friday, July 20? Bless his heart. I won't be joining them, but you can indeed catch RBIT next Friday at the Spectrum Playhouse in Lee, Massachusetts, or this Friday, July 13, at the Freightyard Pub in North Adams, MA. And don't worry... the J.Clowe Experience will be back... performing seems to be in my blood... bloody good, that!


Related Links:


"Trust Us With Your Life" official website
www.ctsbtv.org
Royal Berkshire Improv Troupe 

No comments:

Post a Comment