Friday, July 6, 2012

pop goes my heart

Well, I spent most of today still trying to get out from under this pesky cold I have developed over the last couple days... I can't tell what was making me feel so miserable: the cold, lack of sleep, or the heat (or combination of the three). There could be a third factor: lack of food. Yeah, we hadn't managed to get the store yet this week, so my "breakfast" consisted of left-over tortilla chips from last night's burrito. The saving grace came when my soon to be mother-in-law called to see how I was doing, and offered to bring over some homemade chicken soup... ok, I think I'm marrying into the right family here!


I was still feeling pretty drawn out for the rest of the day, and just looked at a few wedding-related items here and there. Trying to figure out banners, and we had a meeting scheduled with our DJ to go over music... but I was feeling so lousy by the time we were planning to meet, that I told Sarah to go ahead without me--that's saying something, because music matters to me! I told them to give me a call, and went and made myself a bowl of popcorn...


Get ready... cause here we come!
Photo by John Whipple. All rights reserved.
Well, if I didn't love popcorn enough before... I ate the delicious fluffy kernels and found myself feeling a hell of a lot better... sinuses cleared up a little, my head stopped hurting, and I suddenly felt a surge of energy--it was the best I have felt in a couple days! Did I just need some fresh air (popping)? 


I jumped in the car and headed over to Starbucks, where Sarah was meeting with our DJ, Raphel. It was cool in there, and the chai tasted good (as always). Again, I think we're in good hands... Raphel brought up certain considerations about the use of music in the ceremony and other details that I had thought about myself; she's a fun personality (and former high school classmate of Sarah's) and I think she will be a big help to us on our wedding day. Now comes the challenge... whittling down our list of songs for the reception... hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment