Monday, April 23, 2012

And The Band Played On...

Sad news last week in the passing of musician Levon Helm, formerly of The Band. Being a fellow Hudson Valley resident, I'm sorry that I never managed to make it to one of the Midnight Rambles at his home in Woodstock, New York, however I was fortunate enough to see him play live at Wilco's Solid Sound Festival last year, and record a couple songs for my TV music show. Here is a clip:




R.I.P. Levon...I'm still learning just how influential your music has been to my own favorite bands. 


Related Links:


"Levon Helm: 1940-2012, 'We will never forget his warmth and generosity," Daily Freeman, April 20, 2012


"Levon Helm, Drummer and Rough-Throated Singer for the Band, Dies at 71," The New York Times, April 19, 2012


"Levon Helm Was Perfect," The Atlantic, April 20, 2012


"Levon Helm: A Vintage EW interview with the late rock legend," Entertainment Weekly, April 23, 2012


The Band- Up On Cripple Creek- Circa 1969, YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment