Saturday, April 28, 2012

Well-Suited

It was a busy day today, spent looking for a new apartment and trying on more tuxes... still looking for the perfect fit.

Tonight we decided to unwind, and rented the movie, My Weekend With Marilyn, a 2011 biopic about actress Marilyn Monroe's experience working on the 1957 film, The Price and the Showgirl, with Sir Laurence Olivier--such an odd pairing! Monroe was such a strong personality that it couldn't have been easy to capture her and all the legendary trials... but I think Michelle Williams really pulled it off. What do you think?




Kenneth Branagh was also quite good playing Olivier... looking at these old clips on YouTube, he really does seem to capture his persona. I'm all about the details, so I appreciate films like this that take the care to do it right. I remember when we were shooting Taking WoodstockI walked into the mock hotel set between scenes, and was impressed that they had even recreated old tourism brochures to stock the racks near the desk (I picked one up... shhh... don't tell!). 

I know from experience that it pays to do your research, get the details down... anytime I try and cut corners, I'm never satisfied. So, the wedding planning continues... slowly but surely... it should all be worth it in the end...

No comments:

Post a Comment