Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More Things Change, More They Stay The Same

The British rock band Keane has a new album coming out next month called Strangeland, and they have just released the first single called "Silenced by the Night":



This marks Keane's fourth studio album. They broke on to the international scene back in 2004 with their multi-platinum selling debut, Hopes and Fears, which I loved.


I actually had the good fortune of interviewing the band in Boston during their first tour of America-- in fact, I might have been their first TV interview (eat your heart out, Jimmy Kimmel!). They were actually the second act I ever profiled on Berkshire Soundstage, and I was basically a one-man band with camera during the day of the taping (I interviewed the band and filmed a performance they gave at Newbury Comics, a great Massachusetts-based record shop). 


Here is a clip from the interview, as well as part of their performance of the song "Everbody's Changing":





I had lost touch with the band after their second album, the equally brilliant Under The Iron Sea, so it is interesting to watch this old clip again after viewing the Jimmy Kimmel performance. Everybody is most definitely changing, even as some things remain the same (the lead singer, Tom Chaplin, still has some great pipes).

The day after this interview, I went on to interview original members from both the Temptations and the Four Tops after a joint performance in Albany, New York, so things were definitely underway with this new TV music show that I was asked to host... 



I have many more interesting videotaped music interviews that I need to produce... I just wish I had more hours in the day to work on independent projects. Hopefully I can find the time soon to give these talented music acts the dignified profiles they deserve... now that would be music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment