Monday, December 10, 2012

Deck The Halls

OK, since it's the holiday season and I'm in a musical mood (but really, when aren't I?) here's a great, new Christmas tune from singer JD McPherson:


I honestly don't know how he does it. His music is so soulful... like you just popped a quarter in the vintage jukebox, and this came screaming off of the spinning 45. McPherson has this amazing, soulful growl, that I would love to figure out... even here, on a holiday tune, he's nailed it.

Other favorite holiday songs? Well, for the same reason I would have to include the Vince Guaraldi Trio's A Charlie Brown Christmas. I always look forward to hearing this one... the jazz swings, and you wish you were inside nestled with your loved one, while the snow falls steadily outside. Where's my cocoa?...





No comments:

Post a Comment