Monday, December 17, 2012

Keep Your Head Up...

Just got back from my Rochester moving trip. We're going to keep moving by heading out to see the band The Lumineers tonight in Albany... it's a free show, so I hope we manage to get in! 

Still processing the sad news from last Friday's tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. I noticed that the media posted a collection of photos of the children who were killed... it really hits you in the stomach, as this story becomes more and more personalized.

In light of this tragedy, I think these lines from The Lumineer's song "Stubborn Love" seem appropriate:

"It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all... the opposite of love's indifference. So pay attention now... I'm standing on your porch screaming out... and I won't leave until you come downstairs...So keep your head up, keep your love... keep your head up, my love..."

http://thelumineers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment