Monday, December 24, 2012

Glory Be

It's Christmas Eve and we're back at my Mom's place in Rochester. We just got back from a candlelight service at this beautiful church in the city, not far from where I used to live... I always enjoy going to this service, and I was reminded tonight about how much I love this song:


This year I felt like I needed to sing a little harder, hold on to my candle a little longer...   I'll write more about my thoughts tomorrow... I'm a little too tired right now, and need to get to bed to avoid running into Old St. Nick (I still remember the empty plate of crumbs and thank you note, whose handwriting looked oddly similar to my Dad's). 

On our drive out here last night, we heard another holiday standard, Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas" on the radio... I was reminded of my days portraying the King of Rock and Roll, which was fun. This holiday song by Elvis is really good, and Sarah mentioned hearing about a Porky Pig(!) version of it... we had to look it up, and it had me tearing up it was so hilarious:


I haven't laughed so hard in ages... definitely needed that. I also realize how much I needed to get away... I'm thankful to be home for the holidays.. The snow started coming down steadily after the service, so it looks like it will be a White Christmas after all... yay.

"Sleep in heavenly peace... sleep in heavenly peace..."

No comments:

Post a Comment