Sunday, November 4, 2012

Burning Up

Alex Ross, "Marvels #1" cover, 1994, courtesy of the artist,
HUMAN TORCH ™ & © 2012 Marvel and Subs.
I'm back at work in the Berkshires today, trying to get further ahead on a video I am creating for the exhibition, Heroes & Villains: The Comic Book Art of Alex Ross. These HD files clobbered my home computer last week, so I had no choice but to come in on my day off... sigh... guess it's time to invest in some more memory, so I can keep my video production going into the modern age...

I must say, it's also a little challenging to be doing this kind of work while managing regular Museum and exhibition promotion... the exhibit opens this Saturday, November 10, so it's going to be an insanely busy week... and that's not even counting the election!

Speaking of Election Day, I'm taking some time out this Tuesday, November 6, to stop by WAMC, the Albany-based NPR station, to again appear as a guest on The Roundtable. I will be speaking live with host Joe Donahue during the 11 a.m. hour about the Alex Ross exhibit, with the artist on the line from Chicago (hope he remembers the time difference!). It should be fun, and a topic I feel most confident talking about. 

The image attached to this blog entry is a painting of The Human Torch from Ross' 1994 breakthrough, Marvels. This was the book that introduced me to the artist's work... I still find it extraordinary! You can read a bit more about the artist's work in today's Springfield Republican-- they have a beautiful, full-color preview on the exhibition, which includes some words from Alex Ross and yours truly!

Ok... promo done, back to the video... 

Related Link:

"Comic book art of Alex Ross to be showcased at Norman Rockwell Museum," The Springfield Republican, November 4, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment