Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Lending a Voice

Today was quite interesting... and busy. I started by giving a live, in-studio interview to WAMC, our local NPR station, about the Alex Ross exhibition. The artist himself joined us via phone from Chicago as we talked about his work and the show. I was quite happy with the way it turned out... hopefully my enthusiasm translated well on the radio. You can hear for yourself on the show archive on The Roundtable's website. 

Immediately following the segment, the exhibition curator and I drove up the street to the local comic shop... of course! I dropped off some more promotional materials, and we looked around a bit. Everyone seems very excited about the exhibition, and is planning their costumes to wear...

From there I caught a quick bite at my favorite Indian food buffet, and then drove back to Hudson, where I still haven't changed my mailing address. I was waiting until today, Election Day, to avoid any last-minute snafus. It was painless... we had fill-in ballots that reminded me of grade school, and I had no wait at all. I even ran into some of my family's friends... there was something a little sad about the idea that this would probably be my last time voting in the area. 

Afterwards, I hit downtown Hudson,dropping off more posters about the Ross exhibit--it was a nice surprise to hear about others who were aware of the exhibit... more excitement.

I'm back home now, and Sarah is off at a election results party with some of our friends. I decided to stay put and try to get some more work done on my exhibition video... time is running out. Here and there I'm checking in on results, but the election still seems too close to tell. 

I did, however, wake up this morning to learn the results of a different kind of election held today in Norway... yes, my musical idols, A-ha, were awarded the Royal Order of St. Olav, the Norwegian equivalent of being knighted, by their King Harald. All three members were on-hand during a special ceremony in Oslo, where they received St. Olavs Orden (and a standing ovation), for their quite impressive contributions to Norwegian music. Hear, hear! 


So, not a bad day for this blue-eyed soul brother...


Related Links:




"A-ha members awarded royal Order of St Olav," newsinenglish.no, November 6, 2012

"A-ha hedret med St. Olav," sa.no (Norwegian), November 6, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment