Friday, January 27, 2012

DJ Rock The Mic!

Ok, feeling better since the last post... the skies have cleared (thanks A-ha). Sarah also reminded me of the value of sleep.

I did have some good news yesterday in the form of an email from WEXT Radio, an independent station located in the Capital Region. They want me to come in and do what they call "My Exit," where you get to play DJ for a set. It should be fun-- as I mentioned previously, I used to DJ back in Rochester (WBER), as well as during college. I kind of miss it.

I actually visited WEXT a year ago to record a two-hour tribute show for A-ha. This was at the request of their programming director, who had learned about my documentary. Well, it has yet to air, but maybe that serves me right... perhaps once I finish the documentary they will finally give it a spin. 

"The Exit" has pretty good taste in music-- it is where I first heard Fitz & The Tantrums, The Sam Roberts Band, and Diego Garcia-- we're actually on our way to see the latter act perform in Albany tonight. I love latin music, and Diego has a romantic, sort of "indie latino" vibe (apparently he used to play in the latin alternative band Elefant). The first song I hear from him was You Were Never There, and I loved it. Sort of a '60s thing going here as well:


The weekend is here! Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment