Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Humpty Hump

Just got back from another improv rehearsal-- we have been holding them on Wednesday nights, and it proves to be a nice way to break up the monotony of the work week. The new members continue to add a nice flavor-- Dave is British and has a unique sensibility about him, and Neil adds a new, youthful energy-- not to mention, music. We did another game where we ended up singing the scene, and I found myself continuing to hum the song that we had just made up on the spot.

It has become pretty obvious to me by now that I feel so much better when I am engaged in some kind of music-- singing, playing the guitar, even dancing. If I could spend my whole day doing this... no, interacting with everything like this (like one of those old movie musicals), I'd be a happy man.





Continuing this thread, I found out today that the Muppet or a Man song I liked so much from The Muppets movie is up for an Oscar. Apparently it was written by one of the guys behind The Flight of the Conchords. I have had so many people telling me I should be watching this show, that it would be right up my alley. Truthfully, I have never been a big fan of jokey bands like the Barenaked Ladies, but I think one of the members of the Conchords played Nigel, the evil bird in Rio, and I liked the song he performed. Guess I better "check-check-check-check it out..."

We also played a fun exercise called the Beastie Boys warm-up: "This guy Jeremy, his last name's... Clowe! Give him a chance he'll steal the... show!"

No comments:

Post a Comment