Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hero-isms

Spent the day at work preparing for our upcoming exhibition, Heroes and Villains: The Comic Book Art of Alex Ross. The artwork looks great, and it sounds like Ross had the same comic book cornerstones as I did growing up: creating his own books, being glued to the TV to the animated and live action superhero shows (no better Hulk!). I think it explains something of the realistic approach he has taken with his art. Here is a clip I found of the artist talking about his work:



The rest of the day was spent setting things up for a radio segment about our upcoming Girl Scouts Festival Day. The more I learn about the organization, I can see why it is responsible for influencing many of our real-life heroes. "Once a girl scout, always a girl scout..." one of the council representatives tells me. Yeah, I can see it with my wife-- shazam!

No comments:

Post a Comment