Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Peace Talks

Tonight I again helped out Peace Action New York by filming their annual Doris Shaffer Memorial Lecture in the Berkshires. This year's speaker was Peter Beinart, the controversial author of The Crisis of Zionism. He considered the following topics: must Israel choose between a Jewish majority and democracy? Has Settlement activity gone too far to be reversed? What is the role of the American Jewish Community? Do Boycotts have a role or are they only for Israel haters? 

My mother-in-law, who was in attendance, asked if my head was spinning... YES. He was an effective speaker, and I think it sparked thoughtful discussion. I'll have to go back and watch it... I was too busy making sure no one tripped my tripod, or nodded their head into my shot. Not much creative for me, but a worthwhile endeavor to help out with and learn from.

http://panys.org


No comments:

Post a Comment