Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Working That Green Screen

Before someone else asks, yes that is me in the audience for this show, Dr. Fuhrman's Immunity Solution! currently airing on PBS stations. Yes, I agree with much of the sentiment, even if the presentation is a little silly... but then again, so is much of TV:



Sarah and I sat in on a taping of this show at WMHT-TV's studios in Troy, New York, a few months back. It was an opportunity to meet again with some of the station's staff I had been getting to know, and make a quick buck (yes, we got paid to sit in the audience). The production was first-rate--the studio looked beautiful, and was well-coordinated. I don't know about the presentation though... the doctor seemed a little forced, and it had the air of one of those infomercials... but I'll reserve judgment until I see the final show (maybe I can fast-forward through the silly bits).

Having said that, maybe Dr. Fuhrman's book is worth reading. I know that Sarah and I have been pretty keen on learning more about the prevention of disease through natural foods--we are big supporters of locally-grown produce and co-op markets, and have been on a green drink kick ever since a recent trip to New York City... we even got a food processor and juicer for our wedding, so I'm ready to "go green"... we just need to learn how to make better wheat-grass smoothies than a few years back (was like having a glass of mowed lawn... blecch!).

This book looks interesting: healthygreendrink.com (no canned audience reaction required!).


No comments:

Post a Comment