Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Uncle!

un.cle

"n. 1. a. The brother of one's mother of father."


 Sam I am. Helping out with the "I Miss America" pageant/
protest, Schenectady, New York, May 2008.
Photo ©Schenectady Neighbors for Peace. All rights reserved.
So, I just received the news... I'm an uncle again-- for the sixth time! My new niece looks adorable. Of course my friends are asking me "isn't it about time..." yeah. I know. Hanging out with my lovable new nephews is making it harder to come up with reasons not to...

"Idiom: 1. cry/say uncle 
Informal
To indicate a willingness to give up a fight or surrender."

Well, I can't take that definition to heart, but life sure gets tough sometimes... I wish I could make changes happen sooner in other areas. It's been a long time comin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment