Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Please Stand By...

Please forgive me dear blog reader, while I catch my bearings. 

I didn't expect that after the wedding and honeymoon I would find myself crashing so fast, but here's where I could use a vacation... or at least another day off. I know... there's a lot of work to be done... get back on track with my original mission for the year (besides getting married), but I'd rather just kick back right now, watch the Olympics, and drink some red wine... at least I'm doing the latter while I type this.

We're still finding the brilliant surprise around the corner... a thoughtful card and gift... another birthday celebration... many more well-wishes for our new life together. Trying to find your way back into regular day life is a bit of a challenge... buy who wants an "everyday" life?

I was surprised to hear Adam Ant's 1995 song "Wonderful" on the drive into work today... I remember doing a whole radio tribute to the guy around that same time on WBER... brought back a memory or two... I thought I remember the song being slightly better. I'm actually gearing up to do another radio tribute show... for another 80s artist... but hey, before you think I'm stuck in the decade of greed, look at my post from yesterday-- Frank Turner is an exciting new artist from the UK that has caught my ear... sounding like a young Billy Bragg (ok, maybe I am rooted somewhat in the 1980s). But rest assured that I am looking forward... 

Sarah and I are starting to consider where we will move. It's a complicated matter that I won't get into here. It's all good, just takes some consideration....

In the meantime, we are planning another party... this upcoming Sunday. It will be another celebration of music, love, and peace... oh, and it's a potluck... nice to have more things to look forward to!

Watch this space...


No comments:

Post a Comment