Saturday, June 9, 2012

co-efficiency!

Today Sarah and I drove out to New York City, and met up with the rabbi who is co-officiating our wedding. Since she lives in Queens, we decided to meet in Astoria, where I had an apartment a couple years ago. I like the area... it is a little toned down from Manhattan, and has a nice ethnic mix, with great food! We met at the local diner that I used to frequent.

future's so bright...
photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
Planning a wedding is like putting together a theater production... good fun! We talked with my friend Tom, who is a reverend and the other officiant, about a way to blend our Christian and Jewish traditions into a single ceremony. I think this is going to be beautiful and quite meaningful for both of us... it is all coming together.

After that, we took the subway down to Greenwich Village, and did a little shopping. Sarah found some good gifts through street vendors, and I ducked into Record Runner, an independent record shop that used to stock The Swing of Things, an a-ha fanzine I created back in the 1990s--I was happy to find Morten Harket's latest solo album, Out of My Hands, which is now in my hands. 

We wandered around a bit more, finding interesting galleries and more shops, and organic juicers... I think we're going to become addicted to making our own healthy green drink diet... so wild in the city, knocking back wheatgrass shots laced with ginger, and kale/apple drinks... we felt energized anyway, enough to get back to the Hudson Valley to see the tail-end of fireworks... yay... everything always seem to work out with my girl.

Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment