Friday, June 22, 2012

The Knot

Morrissey tickets and a marriage license. Not a bad day...


The Marriage License, Norman Rockwell, 1955.
Oil on canvas. Norman Rockwell Museum Collections.
©1955 SEPS: Curtis Publishing, Indianapolis, IN
Yes, these two documents made me a happy man today. Sarah and I ran down to Schenectady City Hall to make it official. It is a beautiful building downtown, and so we took lots of photos. Funny enough, the last time we stopped down there was to pick up information on recycling--I took lots of photos then too, and a woman passed by us with a huge smile... I said to her, "It's a special day!" If only she could see us now...


Of course, right there in the city clerk's office was a print of Norman Rockwell's The Marriage License. It seems I cannot escape the man. The original painting is part of the collection at Norman Rockwell Museum and yes,we have had a few proposals in front of it (at least one I filmed). It really is a beautiful painting, when you see it in person.


Photo ©Jeremy Clowe.
All rights reserved.
Equally stunning is my fiancee Sarah. She was beaming this time, and even though it was still on the hot side, we were keeping cool. Later today we traveled to downtown Albany's Washington Park to take some engagement photos with our wedding photographer. It's a beautiful park, and he had us try all manner of romantic poses... I think I liked to the ones best that he just observed instead of directed. Stopping down at this location made a lot of sense, because just a street over is the club where Sarah and I met. Yes, we stopped over there too to take some photos... this time I twirled her around outside! We followed this up with another Indian food dinner. How could the day get any better?


No comments:

Post a Comment