Sunday, June 10, 2012

SWAPed In, SOULed Out

Peace! Great photo from the 2011 SWAP year-end show
(with my media display in the background).
Photo © Jonathan Wesikopf. All rights reserved.
http://goodpoets.tumblr.com/page/6
I spent the day on the farm today, working on the Spoken Word Almanac Project poems I have committed to finishing for their mid-year show... It's a good thing I didn't agree to do all of it, because creating visuals for even just a handful of poems is taking longer than I expected... it may have something to do with the fact that I can't do something half-heartedly... when I'm being creative, I tend to pour all my soul into it... but I'm not getting so hung up on every last detail this time around... because I can't afford to spend the time. Keep it simple, soul boy.


Speaking of soul, there are a couple of interesting covers I heard today... One is Willie Nelson doing a version of the beautiful Coldplay song "The Scientist." Willie has such a vulnerability in his voice, and it's an interesting take on the tune... I first heard this in a Chipotle commercial, and was immediately drawn in (of course, the original is just a classic song): 





After taking a couple mile run later in the day, I happened to hear this next song on the radio...I had no idea that Otis covered The Beatles! The man never disappointed... he was just in a class all his own:




No comments:

Post a Comment