Monday, June 18, 2012

Set Your Sights on Adventure!

As promised, here is the commercial I created with Time Warner Media Sales for Norman Rockwell Museum's new Howard Pyle exhibition:



This spot will begin airing this month in Western Massachusetts and Central New York on Time Warner Cable stations... throughout the run of the exhibition, I believe. 

I have to give big props to Emily McEntee Shaw, Producer/Director at Time Warner. We had worked together last year on a couple spots for the Museum, and she is an absolute pleasure. We worked on her Avid Media Composer, and it all came together rather seamlessly.

My colleagues and I first came up with a suitable 30 second script, I gathered the images and then chose a narrator from a few choices. I was drawn to Dave, who is the one we ended up using... apparently he also has done work for the History Channel, so it makes sense that his voice fit for Pyle's historical/fantasy subject matter. 

The trickier thing was finding the music. My experience finds that is always the most challenging... the soundtrack can't distract from the piece, and I think we managed quite well here. I have to admit that I was unsure about the narration when I first heard it, but the music made it sail with a little "pirate ease" once we combined them together.

I do love to edit, and this was one of those experiences where I wasn't pulling my hair out through the process... it was nice to work with a fellow video professional. Granted, the artwork stands on it's own, so I guess I should also be thanking Mr. Howard Pyle.

Howard Pyle: American Master Rediscovered is on view at Norman Rockwell Museum through October 28, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment