Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Clowe Show!

Thanks to all who tuned into My Exit show last night on WEXT. We were in Schenectady, so we had a chance to listen in to the program on the good old-fashioned stereo. It felt good. Made me hungry for more...


For those who missed it (or loved it so much they want to tune in again), the show will be airing again this Sunday, May 20, at 10 a.m. eastern time. You can listen in at 97.7 WEXT-FM in New York's Capital Region (and outlying areas) or online at exit977.org


In the meantime, here is my playlist and a line from each of the songs, which I love:


Waxing poetic... vinyl is hip again! Photo ©Jeremy Clowe.
All rights reserved.

1. "Dark Is The Night," A-ha: "It's time to break free, we need to celebrate the mystery..." (indeed).


2. "Here Comes The Sun," The Beatles: "Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting... little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear..."


3. "(I Know) I'm Losing You," The Temptations: "Ooh, I can tell when we kiss... from the tenderness I miss... Ooh, little girl I'm losing you..."


4. "A Girl Like You," Edwyn Collins: "You've made me acknowledge the devil in me, I hope to God I'm talking metaphorically, hope that I'm talking allegorically, know that I'm talking 'bout the way I feel..."


5. "Superstitious," Stevie Wonder: "Keep me in a daydream, keep me going strong... you don't want to save me, sad is my song..."


6. "Don't Gotta Work It Out," Fitz & The Tantrums: "I don't know but I've been told... the world outside is oh so cold, late at night when you're along... do you think about me now that I"m gone? When I'm on the road I often dream and think of you, girl... I hope that you do too..."


Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
7. "Heart In Your Hand," Colwell (Hector on Stilts): "You've got my heart in your hand, Sarah... have you ever felt this before..."


8. "My Eyes," Travis: "Ya ya yay, ya ya yay... you got my eyes... we can't see what you'll be, you can't disguise... and either way I will pray you will be wise... pretty soon you will see tears in my eyes..." (I think this is the sweetest song ever written from a father to his child!)


9. "People C'mon," Delta Spirit: "If you're feeling what I'm feeling c'mon, all you soul-searching people c'mon..."


10. "Girl of the North Country," Bob Dylan: "If you're going when the snowflakes storm, when the rivers freeze and summer ends... please see for me she has a coat so warm, to keep her from the howlin' wind...."


11. "Rebel Rebel," David Bowie: "You like me and I like it all, we like dancing and we look divine... you love bands when they're playing hard, you want more and you want it fast..."


12. "Live Forever," Oasis: "Maybe I will never be all the things that I wanna be... but now is not the time to cry, now's the time to find out why... I think you're the same as me, 
we see things they'll never see, you and I are gonna live forever..." 


Funny how a-ha records keeping popping up when I enter a store... 
Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.


13. "Home," Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros: "We laugh until we think we'll die, barefoot on a summer night, never could be sweeter than with you..."




14. "Hey Ya!" Outkast: "Shake it like a Polaroid picture..."




15. "Analogue," A-ha: "All I want you to know: I love you... all I need is the time to show you..."


Related:


All Over Albany profile


Up Next:


RBIT has an improv show this Friday, May 18, at the Spectrum Playhouse in Lee, MA...and it's exactly two months until the BIG day! Whoa...

No comments:

Post a Comment