Monday, May 28, 2012

Sweet Memories

We were back in the Hudson Valley today to honor our loved ones on Memorial Day. Sarah helped me pick out some nice flower arrangements to plant in the cemeteries, and also introduced me to the beautiful Jewish tradition of leaving pebbles on top of gravestones as a sign of respect and remembrance. 


We really didn't have to travel too far for beautiful flowers... there are some stunning peonies planted right alongside my family's farmland property. The area is scented with that hint of sweet spring air... at times intoxicating... and I keep searching for the cherry trees! It really is my favorite time of year, and being back here reminds me of how beautiful and inspiring the area is...
Photos ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment