Sunday, May 13, 2012

Word To My Mother!

My Mom says that reading these blog posts are like receiving a daily letter from me... so, it seems like a perfect opportunity to use this space to say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Love and waterfalls! Wish you were here.
Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
We had a good day, joining Sarah's mother and family for a sun-filled picnic and hike around Thatcher Park, not far from where our wedding will be taking place in Altamont, New York. There are some awesome panoramic views to take in from the top of the Helderberg Mountain range−you can see clear across to the Green Mountains in Vermont, the Hudson Valley, as well as the skyscrapers in downtown Albany. The Indian Ladder Trail also showcases a cave built out of limestone cliffs, and two beautiful waterfalls. You can also see all sorts of interesting creatures... although I was hoping to come across more salamanders, we did see a turkey vulture in flight, snake making lunch out of a toad (yikes), as well as a goofy hiker carrying his pampered poodle along the trail. Thatcher Park has some of my favorite scenic trails to hike around the Capital Region−I'll have to recommend it to our wedding guests visiting the area.

Another good place to look for things to do in the Capital District is All Over Albany, a website dedicated to the arts, culture and news happening in the region. Tomorrow they are supposed to be running a profile on yours truly to coincide with the airing of the My Exit radio show that I recorded for WEXT. I caught one of the promo spots on the air today, and I'm looking forward to hearing the full show tomorrow, May 14, starting at 8 p.m. Should go down as the "mother of all playlists!"... well, it should at least be fun to hear myself on the air again... don't worry Mom, you can listen in live at: 

No comments:

Post a Comment