Monday, May 14, 2012

My Music = My Exit

Well, tonight's the night when I take over the airwaves of New York's Capital Region! Tune into WEXT's My Exit show, to hear me host an hour of my favorite music. If you're not in the Albany, NY, area, you can listen online at exit977.org. This really was great fun, and reminded me of how much I loved DJing back in college and during the mid-90s at WBER—maybe I need to look into doing a regular gig again...

Standing in the shadows of Motown... Detroit, 2004.
Photo ©Jeremy Clowe. All rights reserved.
As I mentioned yesterday, the website All Over Albany has posted a profile and preview of my show on their website today. It gave me a great opportunity to promote my TV music interviews, and talk about some of the music I will be playing on tonight's My Exit program. 

When asked to describe my taste in music, I responded: "I'm a soul man. I respond to music that is emotionally honest. Classic soul, indie rock, alternative, Britpop, classic rock, reggae, ska, jazz, etc. I'm a big fan of melody, and Sarah is always teasing me for frequently being drawn to melancholic songs. Moreover, I tend to be attracted to songs that deliver a sweeping chorus--these are the moments that usually give me goose bumps, and remind me why music is such an important part of my life."

Rock on!

Links: 


No comments:

Post a Comment